Dino Dig OREO® Cake
Want to make an impression at a kids’ party? Your little dino lover will go wild for this dinosaur dig cake. Creating your own dinosaur fossil cake is easier than you might imagine, and your child will love uncovering the buried dinosaur bones. Here’s how:
- Start with a delicious OREO® Ice Cream Cake as the base of your dino dig cake.
- Next comes the dinosaur fossil cake topper. Build a fence around the top with pretzel sticks—because every good paleontologist marks off their work zone!
- Make your own dino bones from white chocolate and a silicone mold, and press them into the top of the cake.
- Cover the bones with crushed OREO® cookies, chocolate cereal, and candy rocks so they’re ready for excavation.
That’s all there is to it! Let your little paleontologist brush away the “dirt” topping to reveal the amazing dino bones—and delicious ice cream cake—hidden underneath. It’s the perfect kitchen craft to do with your kids or to make for your next birthday party! Get the full recipe below.
Want to create your own Dino Dig OREO® Cake? Download a coupon for Ice Cream Cake here.
- OREO® Ice Cream Cake
- OREO® cookies
- Silicone dinosaur bones mold
- White chocolate
- Pretzel sticks
- Chocolate puffed rice cereal
- Chocolate rocks
- New paintbrushes (for excavating fun!)
Crush OREO® cookies in food processor. Gather all your ingredients (everything open and easy to access) since you will have to move fast once it’s time to decorate the cake.
Melt white chocolate according to package directions. Pour immediately into a silicone dinosaur bone mold.
Scrape away all excess chocolate so the bones are smooth. Allow to cool completely.
Once completely hardened, remove from the mold. Don’t worry if your bones crack—that’s what you want! Tip: this is an easy step to do ahead.
This is where you want to move quickly! Remove your OREO® Ice Cream Cake from the package and place onto a serving pedestal.
Invite the kids to start by adding a pretzel “fence” around the perimeter of the cake.
Once the fence is complete, cover the top of the cake completely with crushed OREO® crumbs (dirt).
Top OREO® dirt with white chocolate dinosaur bones.
Cover bones with more OREO® dirt. Bones should not be showing at all.
To add to the “dirt” look, sprinkle chocolate puffed rice cereal and chocolate rocks on top.
Let the kids dig in… literally! Start excavating with the paintbrushes.
Once the bones are all dug up, enjoy your OREO® Ice Cream Cake!
Not sure where to shop? Find ice cream cakes online or at a grocery store near you.